Thursday, July 25, 2013

Blog Schedule

Disclosure:  I am low on sleep.  I am announcing a blogging schedule... now.  Barring nuclear fallout, the zombie apocalypse, a Firefly marathon, or severe physical or mental incapacitation I plan on writing one scheduled article per week, most likely to be published on Mondays.  Here is the general format:


Week 1: Story time - I will tell you about the events surrounding some of the photos featured on my site.  You will get the scoop on how I ended up where I was when I took the photo, why I decided to take it, how badly I needed to use the restroom while I was waiting for the exposure to finish, and any other overly personal details that you may or may not have wanted to know about that photograph.  Curious about any of my photos?  Ask and I will be happy to explain.

Week 2: Featured artist - These articles will highlight other artists that I like and, sometimes, know personally.  These talented individuals may be photographers, painters, crafters, sculptors, or even bloggers (I think there is probably an art to this blogging thing). Are you an artist?  Do you want to be featured?  If so, introduce yourself!

Week 3: Technical discussion - I will discuss some of the technical aspects of photography to the best of my abilities.  Topics will span such subjects as the behavior of light, the mechanics of a camera, the chemistry of film, the settings required to achieve certain effects, and much more.  Do you have a specific question about technique?  If so, ask and even if I don't know the answer right away, I will do whatever it takes to figure it out.

Week 4: To wrap up the month, I will talk (type) about some of the camera gear that is out there and what I think of it.  Topics may be narrow or broad but will definitely land somewhere in the realm of camera gear and accessories, or lighting equipment.  If you haven't picked up on the pattern yet, this is where I ask if you have any suggestions for topics that you would like covered.  Don't be afraid to e-mail me, I promise that I am not mean, I don't bite, and I even REPLY to emails that are sent to me .:swow:



So that is it!  Not to say that I won't occasionally throw an unscheduled blog in here or there, but you can dependably check in once a week and see some new content.  But don't forget to look at photos too; this is a photography site, after all.

-Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment