Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Prologue

Behold!  The inspiration for my color scheme!

It has been a busy week trying to pave the roads of my "e-infrastructure".  Blogger, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and Google+ accounts have been made, domain names registered, and web pages created.

What set this all in motion was a stroke of luck.  Several weeks ago I approached a manager in the University of Montana bookstore with a request to sell some of my prints of the campus and nearby wildernesses.  I had entirely expected to be rejected on the spot but, to my surprise, he told me to bring in some photos to show him.  I spent the next week or so studying the prints for sale in the bookstore, noting the subject matter, printing material, and prices.  I also shot a few more photos specifically to cater to the genre of products that seem to sell well.  However, I paid just as much attention to the kinds of things that were NOT represented in the bookstore, such as certain photographic or processing techniques, subjects, or... odd angles.  So that is what I aim to do with photographs:  I want to show you something that you have seen before but from a different perspective.  "Odd Angle" is more than a name, it is a philosophy.

I think I will sign out for now; I have a lot more social networking to get to.  Be sure to check out Odd Angle photography on facebook, twitter, flickr, and all those other social networking tools, all of which can be found in one central location: www.oddanglephotography.com

ciao
-Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment