Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Quick Update

Hello internet, it has been over a year since I last checked in... sorry about that.  Quite a bit has happened since October of 2013.

List of what has happened in chronological order

Severed peroneal nerve in right leg
Had surgery to reconnect said severed peroneal nerve
Moved to Mobile, Alabama
Got married (in a cast and on crutches)
Went to Key West for our honeymoon (in a cast and on crutches)
Went to Disneyworld with the wife and In-Laws (in a cast and on crutches)
Taught Biology for a semester at the University of South Alabama
Got out of my cast and off crutches and started learning how to walk like a normal human again
Learned Aikido and Iaido
Finished writing and defended my M.S. thesis at the University of Montana
Volunteered with Habitat for Humanity in Mobile, AL
Got a job with Habitat for Humanity in Mobile, AL as a crew leader
Moved to Loveland, Colorado
Got a job as a stone mason
Began neuro-rehabilitation of my right leg
Started looking for a home to purchase in Greeley, CO
Got a job as a landscaper
Caught a bunch of rainbow trout
Got a job as a carpenter
Went to Disneyworld with the wife and In-Laws again
Went to see the 2015 Winter Classic in Washington D.C. (Go Caps!)
Failed to find an affordable home in a decent location in Greeley, CO
Found a new apartment to move into at the beginning of February


And that brings us up to the present.  I haven't been able to get out and take many landscape or wildlife photographs.  However, I did get the opportunity to take some great portraits and landed a few small gigs as a real estate photographer thanks to Jessica Tate (The Group Real Estate) and Laura Winkel (Colorado State Bank and Trust).  My wife finally cracked the whip and told me to get my lazy butt in front of the computer and update my website... so I did.  Updates include web versions for tablet and smartphones and updated portrait and real estate sections.  Now I just need to find time to get back to Rocky Mountain National park and get some winter pics.

Okie Dokie internet, I will try to check back in more regularly that once a year from now on.  Oh and also upload new pictures.

cheers!
-Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment